Join The Adventure…
They are many good reasons to join Scouting today. Here are a few:
For Young People:
- Scouting is all about enjoying yourself, whatever you’re doing – and there’ll always be plenty to do!
- You’ll meet adventurous people just like you who want to do something a little different.
- Scouting helps you learn lots of new and amazing skills – and you get to earn badges and rewards along the way.
- 75% of parents said Scouting provided the best value for money compared to other extra-curricular activities.
- Recent scientific research found that Scouts and Guides are more likely to be happier adults.
- Parents tell us Scouting gives their children more confidence, responsibility and a broader set of friends.
- 90% of our volunteers believe that the skills and experiences they have gained through Scouting have been of relevance to their working or personal lives.
- 41% of employers said that involvement in Scouting would have a positive influence on their decision to appoint applicants.
- There’s no better feeling than making a difference to communities and transforming the lives of young people.
Like what you hear? Get in touch and join the 2nd Whitton Adventure!